July 18, 2012

Sewionista gibt's jetzt auch auf Deutsch!

[Source]
Dear readers, 

you might be confused by this headline but it basically says that from now on I will publish in both German and English. The reasons are that German is my native language and I often come upon interesting topics about German websites etc. that are just not relevant for English speakers. Nevertheless, I will still translate everything into English as well since I would otherwise miss out on the awesome international character of the sewing community. For now, I will have two different texts in each blog posts until I find a better solution. How about you? Are you writing in two languages as well? Do you have any tips how this can be managed in a better way maybe?

Liebe Leser,

von jetzt an wird es Sewionista sowohl in Englisch als auch in Deutsch geben. Der Grund hierfür ist, dass Deutsch nun einmal meine Muttersprache ist und ich sonst nicht über interessante Themen wie z.B. deutsche Websiten berichten kann, da diese ja für rein englischsprechende Leser uninteressant sind. Trotzdem wird es den Blog aber auch weiterhin auf Englisch geben, da dem Blog ja sonst der fantastische internationale Charakter der Näh-Community komplett entgehen würde. Im Moment wird also jeder Blogpost aus einem deutschen und einem englischen Teil bestehen. Wie haltet ihr es? Bloggt ihr auch in zwei Sprachen und wenn ja, wie managt ihr das auf eurem Blog? 

2 comments:

  1. Love it, can't wait to see what you do next. Check out my blog, we should follow each other!!
    Material Fixations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love your blog and especially that you are also writing in French. Great way for me to polish up my French. We should definitely follow each other :)

      Delete