May 20, 2012

Me-Made-May round up week 3


Week 3 has shown me the gaps of my me-made wardrobe, seems like I only have work-appropriate me-mades but nothing casual for the weekend or days off. So I will stop beating myself up about this and continue to at least wear one me-made item.


Day 14: 

On day 14 I was wearing a comfortable outfit for a long day at the office.

Blouse: Me-made from Patrones 276 no. 3 blogged here
Panties: Me-made from a pattern taken from my favourite pair
Cardigan H & M
Scarf: H & M
Jeans: Only
Day 15:

On day 15 my favourite T-shirt made another appearance. I need to seriously consider sewing more stripy T-shirts so this poor fellow gets a little more rest :)

Blazer: Me-made from Burda March 2010 no. 121
T-shirt: My favourit me-made T-shirt worn on day 1 & 6
Jeans: Grain de Malice
Shoes: Deichmann
Day 16:

Day 16 was the last day of work for this week...I just love bank holidays!

Skirt: Me-made same as on day 7
Striped top: Me-made from my own pattern, it has a really nice lace back but I forgot to take a detail picture...next time
Cardigan: Old Navy
Shoes: ebay
Necklace: H & M






Day 18:
On day 18 I was cheating a little since I took the picture some time ago. But I was wearing the exact same outfit just threw on a black cardigan against the cold. Contrary to my pledge I'm also only wearing one me-made item.

T-shirt: Me-made from Burda March 2009 no. 138 blogged here
Jeans: Old Navy

Day 19:

On day 19 I wore the same outfit I've worn on day 17. I went thrifting and running some errands in this oufit.

T-shirt: Me-made from pattern no. 104 b from Knipmode special German issue summer 2011 made from fabric I got free from work
Jeans: Old Navy
Necklace: H & M
Shoes: Deichmann



I also had some luck thrifting, I found 3 books and a hand rolled silk scarf with a Hermes style print which is so in right now. And best of all... lots of fabric: the dark blue one with flowers will become another short pyjama, the beige fine corduroy is destined for a blazer for fall and the beige cotton twill might become my first perfect fitting pair of pants.  
Day 20:

Day 20 has been really nice and sunny so I spent most of the day on the balcony. Unfortunately, it was not the most comfortable outfit. The stripy top contains some lurex threads that are quite scratchy and the shorts don't fit well and are a little on the tight side.

Top: Me-made from no. 109 Burda May 2007
Jeans shorts: Me-made from Ruby pattern from burdastyle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment