Seeing as I can't spend as much time as I used or want to sewing, I plan on sharing the inspiration behind my sewing project or a work-in-progress report. So overall there will be more talk and less sewing, I hope you will join me for the new take on this blog.
Since a new year also bring new year's resolutions, here are mine, also a little late:
- I plan to record everything that I'm sewing this year so I can do a nice little round-up at the end of the year as fellow bloggers do. And I'm really curious to see how much I actually sew. This year I already finished 2 longsleeves and a jersey top that needs some rework as the neckline stretched out. Although neither one of them is particularly interesting, I still plan on showing you some pictures once I figured how to take the best pictures in my new apartment.
- Next resolution is to sew mostly from my stash which should not be hard to do since I moved to a town without any fabric or notion store in sight. We are talking about a one hour drive to reach the next store. Good for keeping this resolution, bad for running out of stuff.
- I also plan to sew more from all the sewing magazines I'm buying. At first I wanted to make 1 garment from each but this doesn't work to well with sewing from stash. Even though my stash is big, it does not hold the right fabric for every sewing project.
- And of course, I also want to work through some of my UFO's lying around. Sometimes I'm more into cutting new things than finishing the old ones. A very bad habit that needs to be stopped!
- When going through my closet I noticed that all I used to sew were actually jackets. I know, hard to believe since I have regressed to only sewing easy and quick projects during the last couple of years. So it would be nice if I got to make some more challenging projects even though it will take me weeks to finish them.