January 15, 2011

I'm still alive

Time went by so quickly and I can't believe it's already been so long since I last posted on here. My life has been crazy busy in the last months but in a good way. A lot has happened since my last post.


First of all, I finished my master thesis about DIY fashion with the best mark possible. Sorry for bragging but I'm a little proud of it especially because I was doubting so much whether I did the right thing by chosing such an unconventional topic but it was all worth it in the end. Overall, the master thesis was a lot more work than expected and took much longer especially because I was already applying for jobs and going to job interviews while writing it. And this is what it looked like, once it was finished. The DIY is embroidered on cardboard.

And so we come to the next point, I started my first job in October. I currently work as an assistant buyer at a German catalogue business and it's much more interesting than I expected it to be. I work in a very small team that basically decides about the collection that goes into the catalogue. We then work closely with suppliers to realize the articles and at the end of the season we analyze the numbers and try to improve our performance. I'm glad that I work for a company that has high standards concerning social and environmental issues and that we don't have to fight for every penny but are able to still let most garments manufacture in Turkey, Greece and China.   

So that's what's been going on over here. Of course, I'm still sewing but not as much as would like to. I hope to show you some things I have been working on soon. And I also did not forget that I promised to publish the results of the DIY fashion survey on here, it's coming soon.

Have a nice day and happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment