March 28, 2010

On a roll this week


After seeing so many grey skirts with a yoke, pockets and pleats both on Burdastyle and Chictopia, I decided yesterday that I really need one myself. I still had this grey cotton fabric from my aunt's stash cleaning out in my stash as well as matching zipper and thread. As I could surprisingly not find an appropriate pattern in my large amount of pattern magazines (I probably have one but I just can't remember), I created the pattern myself from my skirt sloper.


Here are some more detailled pics:


I'm really happy about the final result even though the fabric is not so suitable as it is a little thin and wrinkles easily. Luckily for you, I took pictures while creating the pattern and hope that I can post a tutorial at the beginning of next week.


Additionally, I created a jersey top this week but as it is not really wearable so far, it will require some alterations.


What are you currently working on?

2 comments:

  1. Great looking grey skirt. I made a grey skirt about two months ago, with pockets and faux front wrap. I think I was influenced by seeing so many grey skirts elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete