March 17, 2010

Current obsessions

The more I see the following items on fashion sites, the more I get obsessed with them...



Picture thanks to Asos


I love the relaxed style of a boyfriend blazer, especially when it is paired with very girly pieces like ruffles. The free Jorinde pattern from Burdastyle in a slightly longer length would work great for this as the creation of Burdastyle member Jane shows. However, one might also get lucky finding a similar blazer at a second hand or thrift store.


Picture thanks to Burda

I'm not even sure whether this style of pants will work on me or just highlight my weak spots, but the more I see it around, I want to give it a try. Probably best to try it out with some cheap fabric. The picture is from one of the premium downloads that used to be free for subscribers on burdafashion. Unfortunately the pattern has vanished from the surface of the Burda website. If somebody still can find a link for it, please let me know. However, the new Marilyn pants from Burdastyle have almost the same style. Also look which great pants Angela from "Sew I thought" found in thrift stores. Those will also do the job, especially if this is a trend that won't be around for long.


Picture thanks to Asos

In addition, I'm really obsessed with ruffle skirts and am currently working on a self-made pattern as I could not find an appropriate one. I also love this style in a floral print as Burdastyle member Malinfjell demonstrates.
What are you currently obsessed with?

2 comments:

  1. Love all of these! alas, I would NOT look good in those pants!:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your nice comment! That is what I'm worried about too. I guess I have to give it a try with a muslin first.

    ReplyDelete