February 28, 2010

Sunday bookmark no. 2


Picture thanks to Weekend Designer

Although, I have sewn quite a lot in my life, I never really got into sewing bags besides the easy shopping bags such as the Charlie bag from Burdastyle. Somehow all the detailing, metal notions and required stiffness of real bags scare me. But after seeing this great weekender bag tutorial over at the weekend designer I really want to give it a try.


And I still have enough petrol coloured IKEA upholstery fabric left from my christmas gifts that would look great paired with brown (faux) leather. This bag would be perfect as carry on or for short weekend trips, which I do all the time so I really need this!!!


Which techniques or projects that scare you, do you plan to tackle this year?

Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment