February 27, 2010

The Once-A-Month-Sew-And-Tell Club - February

Although, I already joined the flickr group "The Once-A-Month-Sew-And-Tell club" back in January, this is the first sewing project I got done during this time. Yeah, I had to dance the macarena according to the group rules back in January ;-)
For this easy project I used pattern no. 17 from the Patrones 276. I got to use some supersoft wool fabric leftovers from a coat I made years ago and finished the seam allowances using bias tape. They were so small that I had to leave off the band at the bottom as you can see from the following technical drawing of the pattern (which I actually had to steal from Melissa over from Fehrtrade as I lend my magazine to a friend). Fehrtrade was actually the first sewing blog I started following, you should check it out as it is a great source of inspiration and I'm still amazed by how many pieces Melissa sews each month.

Image thanks to Fehrtrade


I really like how this project turned, it has a little bit of a fifties vibe when worn and keeps you nice and warm. This pattern is great for small amounts of fabric and I would like to sew it again this time with all the pattern pieces. The fabric I used was a little thick for the gathering of the sleeves but I still think that it turned out nicely. The only thing I would change for next time, is to lower the neckline around 2 cm as it is cut quite high in the front.


Do you have any special projects that you sew with small pieces of fabric? Let me know! Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment