December 05, 2009

Quick sewing update

Thanks to my recent travels and a persistent flu, I did not get as much sewing done as I would have liked too. But at least I have 2 finished sewing creations to show to you.


The first one is an old acquaintance from one of my last blog posts. It's the wool dress from BWOF October 2007 (I accidently said it's from November 2007 in my last post). I'm pretty happy about how it turned out and finished it in time to wear to my job interview. However, I would change a few things if I sew it again. You can read my complete pattern review here.




My next creation is a T-shirt made with pattern no. 125 from BWOF November 2008 issue. I was able to use some leftover cotton jersey as the pattern pieces are quite small. It is certainly a comfortable top but runs a little bit on the big side for my taste. You can see its pattern review here.




During the last couples of days I have started to work on this year's christmas gifts as I plan on doing most of them myselves. The patterns I will use are the Tory organizer for my niece and nephew and the Charlie bag for my mom and sister. I already bought the fabrics at Ikea for my gifts, you can see which ones I chose in my newly created fabric gallery.

Have a great weekend and happy sewing!

3 comments:

  1. You did a fantastic job on the dress. You look lovely.

    I just found you from Wardrobe Refashion. I'm off to look around your blog. I hope that you will come and look around mine when you get a chance, www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com My 9 year old daughter has one too, www.sewingsister.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great dress. Love the detailing at the back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a beautiful dress! Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete