November 06, 2009

Here we go again...

As I have been spending way too much money on clothing, I decided to go for another round of wardrobe refashion. Here is my pledge:


I, Julietta, pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing, for the period of 2 months. I pledge that I shall refashion, renovate, recycle preloved items for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract. I pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovated, recycled, crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others may share the joy that thy thriftiness brings! Signed Julietta


In addition, I will try to use fabrics from my stash and to create most of this year's christmas gifts myself. As you can see, I already have my first refashions lined up. The black shirt with purple stripes will be lengthened with a piece of black jersey from my stash. I seriously wonder whether I bought that shirt that short or did it shrink that much in the wash? I purchased the grey sweater at a thrift store in North Carolina and it is a prime example for the shoddy quality of mass produced clothing. It has a hole at the shoulder, the neckline is unravelling in several places and the sleeve seams are opening up in due to the tiny seam allowance (less than 5 mm). I hope I can rescue this sweater even though it turned out to be a lot more work than I first anticipated. The red cardigan was purchased at the same thrift store but is a rather easy refashion as it only needs buttons and buttonholes, so I get more use out of it.



Currently, I'm also working on a grey flannel dress which needs to be finished as soon as possible as I want to wear it to a job interview this month. The fabric is already cut, I just need to purchase the zipper and lining and I'm good to go. Happy sewing & refashioning!

No comments:

Post a Comment