August 17, 2009

Pics, pics, pics

As promised yesterday, here are some pics from my latest creations. Currently, I'm trying to sew pieces that can be worn right now but also once it gets a little cooler with a cardigan on top or shirt underneath. My favorite color at the moment is purple in case you can't tell ;-)


First up is a grey jeans skirt with white topstitching from the January BWOF issue of 2008. The fabric is another find in the remnant bin. The only change I made to the pattern is that I closed the slits in the back as they kept on flapping open. Now, it is a little tight at the bottom but nevertheless I like it a lot and can see me also wearing it during winter with stockings and boots. Very versatile skirt and I think the lines are kind of slimming.




Now to creation no. 2. I've already made a top from this jersey fabric but ended up not liking it at all. So I ripped it apart and luckily had enough to make this top from the BWOF issue of June of this year. Love how it turned out and finally the fabric gets some use. I'm liking the lines of the top so much that I will probably also make the dress version of it sooner or later.



Last project is from the April issue of BWOF of 2008. A very comfy jersey dress with a nice neck detail. The purple is actually a lot brighter than in the pics. Looks much better in reality and I like it a lot.




Let me know what you think. What are you working on?


Happy sewing!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're back!! Love that skirt!! Definitely slimming! looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete